Wednesday, October 24, 2012

All of me

Photo by Todd Jordan
Lately, my daily Scripture readings have been taking me through the stories of Elijah, Elisha and Daniel. All of these stories feature men who are living in nations that are far from God. All of them are God’s agents to bring about His purposes for good as well as judgment to the nation’s rulers.
What struck me this morning as I was reading Daniel 9 is Daniel’s prayer. He alone is bringing the people of God before Him. We don’t know if others were joining him in prayer. We only know that Daniel feels that burden and intercedes for the people by bringing them before God in prayer.
It’s amazing what God can do through one man or woman who is fully given to Him. He can bring fire down from heaven. He can heal the foreign dignitary. He can reveal His deepest dreams.
D. L. Moody was deeply moved by the preacher Henry Varley, who proclaimed, “The world has yet to see what God can do with and for and through and in a man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him.”
Is God calling you to be that woman, that man who is fully and wholly consecrated to Him? God can do astounding things—through you. It’s His desire to share His glory to people everywhere.
Who will answer His call? Will you?

1 comment:

  1. I feel this burden for my family (my whole, entire, extended family)... to be their intercessor. God, I thank You for their salvation. I know Your Word will not come back to You empty, and Your arm is not shortened... in Jesus' precious name, Amen.

    ReplyDelete