Friday, April 6, 2012

Silent


I can remember the scene well. I was in the barn with the veterinarian. We had to put a sheep to sleep. I dragged the sheep in with little fight. Then he injected the needle and I was shocked that the sheep did not react. It didn’t bleat. It didn’t squirm. It stood there and quietly went to its death.
Obviously this verse from Isaiah 53:7 came to mind:
He was oppressed, and He was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth; like a lamb that is led to the slaughter, and like a sheep that before its shearers is silent, so He opened not His mouth.
Why didn’t Jesus open His mouth? Why didn’t He fight? I think we all know the reason. Jesus didn’t give up. He chose this path. He followed through with the plan. He accomplished His mission. He came to this earth to die and He was following through.
Still, even with all of that knowledge, I am amazed at how He did it. I would have kicked and screamed. He was quiet as He took it all. What an awesome God!

No comments:

Post a Comment