Thursday, April 5, 2012

Abandoning Myself to the Father's Will


On Maundy Thursday, I am struck by the scene in the Garden of Gethsemane.

I realize it is His last chance to run and not go through with the plan. We know He didn’t choose that option but went through with His Father’s mission.

In the Garden, He gave up His own needs and chose His Father’s will.

As we strive to live out the Father’s plan in our lives, I believe this prayer written by Charles de Foucald can help us to abandon our own wills and choose our Father’s will.

Father, I abandon myself into your hands;

do with me what you will.

Whatever you may do, I thank you:

I am ready for all, I accept all.

Let only your will be done in me, and in all your creatures.

I wish no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul;

I offer it to you

with all the love of my heart,

for I love you, Lord,

and so need to give myself,

to surrender myself into your hands,

without reserve,

and with boundless confidence,

for you are my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment