Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Spiritual Gifts


Photo by Alexandre Baron
What are my spiritual gifts?
Lately, I’ve been asked that question by a few people. In fact, I’ve asked that question myself.
God has given us spiritual gifts. Each of us has at least one gift, some have more. We are to use them to serve the Body of Christ for the glory of God. God has given us gifts out of His wisdom and His good pleasure. We are to be stewards who develop our gifts and use them faithfully.
But the question still is, “What are my spiritual gifts?”
Answering that question takes work. There are tests out there, like this one: buildingchurch.net/g2s.htm, but they just get the conversation started. Tests help get us on the right track, but confirming the gifts only comes in community and in service. In other words, only those who know us can confirm whether or not we have certain gifts. And the only way they can see them is if we use them in service of the Body.
All of this is a roundabout way of saying that finding out our gifts is a process. It’s a process that can begin with a test or a conversation with a spiritual friend. Ultimately though, it is a process that takes time, reflection with God, community and service.
So, what is your spiritual gift? Maybe you should take a test like the one I’ve noted and begin to find out.
I am looking forward to discovering our gifts together!

1 comment:

  1. Not to toot my own horn here, but I've so many gifts(talents) from God that my problem is knowing which one is the one to help his people with. I myself have yet to narrow down and stick with one talent. I will pursue and wait on a conformation from God on which road to travel to do the most good for all concerned including myself. Thank you for posting this today. Blessed Day, Jaja

    ReplyDelete