Thursday, June 21, 2012

Life-giving



I don’t know about you, but there are some things that just exhaust me. They drain my physical energy as well as my zeal for life.
Isaiah 40:30-31 speaks into my life here:
Even youths shall faint and be weary,
and young men shall fall exhausted;
but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength;
they shall mount up with wings like eagles;
they shall run and not be weary;
they shall walk and not faint.
I know what it’s like to be weary and faint. I know the drain. My question lately has been, do I know how the Lord renews my strength? Do I know what is life-giving for me?
God has been slowly teaching me not only the need to do life-giving things but also what those specific life-giving things are in my life.
In Peru, I had one of those life-giving days. It began with spending the morning with the children my family sponsors. Seeing their smiles and hearing their laughter brought such joy to my heart.
After we dropped off the children, we went as a team to the Pacific Ocean. I had my swimsuit on before the bus stopped. I was going in no matter how cold it was. I was going to experience and swim in God’s beauty.
God was not done. There were cliffs above me where I could run and see His beauty through the crashing waves. I could hear God’s pleasure in the company of the people around me.
I was like a little child running after my Dad, enjoying all we were doing. I was like that eagle flying above it all. God was renewing my strength.
What are you doing that is life-giving?

No comments:

Post a Comment