Thursday, September 13, 2012

Giving My All to the Hope of the World


We enter an exciting new year as a church with a lot of opportunities to grow. I believe our church, First Church of Christ in Wethersfield, is being called into something special by God.
I wanted to share with you a prayer I have been praying over the last month. I believe every one of us should be praying this prayer daily as we give ourselves to God to be used by Him. This prayer was handed out at a conference I attended. It was written by Bill Hybels, who is the pastor of Willow Creek Church in Illinois.
I hope it moves you to go deeper with God this new year.
My Morning Prayer
God, this is a new day. I freshly commit myself to the role you have invited me to play, as you are building your church in this world. I am awestruck again today that you include me in this grand life-giving, world-transforming endeavor. So today I joyfully offer you:
My love
my heart
my talents
my energy
my creativity
my faithfulness
my resources
and my gratitude.
I commit all of myself to the role you have assigned me in the building of your church so that it may thrive in this world. And I will “bring it” today. I will bring my best. You deserve it. Your church deserves it. It is the Hope of the World.

No comments:

Post a Comment