Thursday, November 8, 2012

A Lump


Photo by Sherrie St. Hilaire
Oh to be a lump!
Seems odd to write that, but that’s what I’m feeling today. I want to be a lump, a lump of clay that can be used, molded, and formed by the Potter’s hand.
Paul writes in 2 Corinthians 4:7, “But we have this treasure in jars of clay, to show that the surpassing power belongs to God and not to us.”
What an awesome privilege! God wants to show off His treasure in us!
Surely, the treasure is Jesus. In His face, we see the light of the knowledge of the glory of God (verse 6). He is our King, our Lord, our treasure!
We get the privilege of showing Him off--by being a lump of clay. God, the Master Potter, will form us into what He desires. He will make us into a jar of clay that will hold the treasure.
Being a jar of clay is nothing special, nothing extravagant. But that’s the point! God desires to show off His surpassing power, not ours. The riches are not the jar but the treasure within. The power is not in the clay but in the Maker.
We’re just a lump. We become special when God grabs hold of us. Then He can make us into His masterpiece, a jar that shows off Jesus.
That’s why I say. I want to be a lump.
Heavenly Father, let Your hands do Your work. Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me. Melt me, mold me, fill me, use me. Spirit of the living God, fall fresh on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment