Wednesday, April 17, 2013

God Showing Up


Photo by J Jongsma
I was having a tough morning. I was struggling with my thoughts and emotions. My mind was focused on an issue. My spirit was consumed and overwhelmed with a problem. I was getting anxious and feeling somewhat defeated.
I was talking to Christy about it in our kitchen, when God decided to show up in a way that I would recognize. He was shouting loud and clear to me, “Deryk, I’m here. I have everything under control.”
When I tell you what happened next, you might wonder how I knew God was speaking to me. God is great in the way He speaks to us. He is always personal and communicates to us in a way that we are personally assured it is Him.
How did He speak to me in a way that I knew it was Him?
A pileated woodpecker landed on one of our trees at the exact moment that Christy and I were talking about the problem I was struggling. I’ve searched far and wide at times to see a pileated woodpecker. And one comes to our backyard at the exact moment I was struggling with an issue before God.
Coincidence? I don’t think so!
After the woodpecker flew away, Christy said to me, “Deryk, don’t ever forget that God is always there and He will be with you in this situation.
Amen. That will preach.

No comments:

Post a Comment