Tuesday, July 30, 2013

God's Heart


Photo by Ram Karthik
At the Sunday night evening service, we were invited to spend the last ten minutes in prayer with others in small groups.
One of the people in my group stated off our time with this statement/question: “We always pray about what we want, when’s the last time we prayed asking what God wants?” (If that doesn’t change your prayer time, you need to get checked.)
What a powerful time of prayer we had! Everyone prayed asking that very question, “God, what’s on Your heart for this person or this situation?”
This prayer has continued with me for the last few days. I’ve noticed that it has helped me to spend more time listening than talking. I’m also consciously trying to stop and wait for His response rather than jumping to my conclusion. I’m thinking more about His will rather than mine.
God, what’s on Your heart?
All of us want to be like Jesus and say like him, “My food is to do the will of Him who sent me and to accomplish His work.” (John 4:34) This prayer of seeking God’s heart is a great way to align ourselves to do His will and move in His direction.
What’s on God’s heart for you today?

No comments:

Post a Comment