Friday, August 30, 2013

Opportunity Knocks


Photo by Retro Stu
On September 4th, we at First Church are starting an exciting 40-day opportunity we are calling, Seek His Face. David heard God speak to him in Psalm 27:8, “You have said, ‘Seek My face.’” We get the opportunity like David to respond to God: “My heart says to You, ‘Your face, Lord, do I seek.’”
This is an amazing opportunity. I call it an opportunity because, in part, it’s up to us. Are we going to grab hold of this opportunity and spend more time in prayer? Or are we going to pass it by? We have a choice. We have an opportunity.
There are countless Scriptures that promise us that God will answer if we ask. Jesus put it simply when He said in Matthew 7:7-8:
Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives, and the one who seeks finds, and to the one who knocks it will be opened.
Will we grab hold of this opportunity? Will we knock on the door?
I don’t know about you but I’m so excited about this 40-day opportunity. I’m going to do all I can to pursue Him with all my might because I believe God wants to answer. I know God loves it when His people seek His face. I believe I am the one who will benefit when I pursue God.
I love what David says later in Psalm 27. He knows God will answer. David writes, “I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.” Like Him, I believe God is about to do something—something amazing!
Grab the opportunity with me. Seek His Face!

No comments:

Post a Comment