Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Increase the Flock


One of the chapters of Scripture I read this morning was Ezekiel 36. Great chapter, phenomenal! God shares to the Israelites that He is going to act and vindicate His great name through His people, the very same people who profaned His great name. He will still bless and show mercy to them. Awesome!
One of the ways He is going to vindicate His great name is through the promise at the end of the chapter, in v. 37-38: “Thus says the Lord God: This also I will let the house of Israel ask me to do for them: to increase their people like a flock…Then they will know that I am the Lord.
What a great promise from God for us! God wants us to go to Him in prayer and ask for more people to come to faith. God’s desire is for people to know that He is the Lord Almighty who loves deeply. He delights in showing His love to those around us who don’t know Him. He invites us to pray for them. And He wants to answer!
Who is God placing on your heart to pray for? God is saying to you and me, “Bring this person before Me in prayer. It is My deep desire to show My love to them through you.”
Who are you praying for?

No comments:

Post a Comment