Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Food for thought


Check out this whoopie pie that Terry Shook gave me!
I mean, look at that thing! It’s not a pie—it’s a tire! It could feed a small country. As I took a sliver of it, I understood what the disciples felt like when Jesus fed the 5,000.
Christy and I agreed that we needed to give thanks to Terry for feeding our family for the next week. Later, we will ask him for the money to join Weight Watchers.
Ken Boa’s book, Face to Face, reminds us that we are to give thanks to God every day. Asaph teaches us that we glorify God when we give thanks, as he writes in Psalm 50:23, “The one who offers thanksgiving as his sacrifice glorifies Me.”
Even better, when we give thanks to God, He begins to work in ways that we can’t even begin to imagine. Jehoshaphat the king taught us this when he had God’s people give thanks to God. When they did, God did an amazing work of defeating those that were set against them (2 Chronicles 20:21-22)
Today, think of me as I am gorging on this whoopie pie. Better yet, give thanks to God who provides us with a feast of His grace every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment